Well, this is definitely not the best way to get some reputation and if you are particular enough of getting the much desired respect from others then you should at least prove yourself truly worthy of it.
There are ways to avoid getting into things that you cannot commit to and this would surely be necessary in order to avoid getting really burdened with half-fulfilled commitments.
• Learn to say ‘no’ when you’re really not into a certain idea. Some people gets into some complications especially when they don’t want to disappoint others however this attitude often ends up giving others enough reasons to be disappointed.
• Give yourself a challenge. Never settle for becoming a quitter. There are things in life that should be considered as challenge. Quitters never win and it would definitely be a big feat to overcome the things you thought you’d never finish.
• Be mindful of the progress that you are making. Some people get really inspired with the thought that they are actually accomplishing something and this will make them pursue until the whole thing is done.
• Get others to inspire you. Sometimes the mere thought of people you love can keep you going especially when you are aware that your success will bring enough reasons for them to be happy.
• Have a rewarding treat in sight. You will never know how this can keep you going since you will be expecting to gain something out of it after the project is finished. Put your thoughts to a thing that you’ve long been wanting like a Tahitian pearl necklace for your mother or any pearl jewelry like akoya pearls for the person you love. Even simple treats like getting a new jacket will definitely keep you motivated.
It will just be typical for people to sometimes get really tired of things. However this is not a good attitude that a person should learn to overcome at all costs. Keeping yourself focused on things can really contribute to your commitment and for sure you will gain other people’s admiration for being able to change and become the person endowed with admirable traits.